Beauty and Sexy tips

A girl, livin' large, shares her 'wisdom' with the rest of the world. In short: having fun and trying out something new...

Sunday, February 05, 2006

To the rescue!

How to repair a cracked nail

There is nothing worse than having a broke, split or cracked nail. Especially after you've spent time and energy to grow long nails, following our Nail tips and tricks to the word. But, as Murphy would put it, doors, handles and cans are just waiting for an opportunity to break a nice long nail, so what to do?

First thing first, if you break a nail completely off, the only thing to do is to cut all the others to the same length, or to install an artificial tip. For the artificial tip you have to visit a salon, because I haven't yet found a do at home kit that is foolproof.

But, if your nail cracked at the tip, or somewhere else, but did not break all the way through, you can make wonders. How? Everything you need is nail glue (get the one with the brush, rather than the one in squeeze out tube), one layer of tissue (you can use thin silk, but I warn you that it's much trickier) and a buffer.

Cut the tissue layer in a piece big enough to cover the crack and place it on your nail. Apply glue to it; making sure the tissue does not slip away. Wait for it to dry and then apply another thin layer of glue. Let the glue dry.

Now, the repaired area should be thicker than the rest of your nail, so it's time o use the buffer. Get the one with fine grid, so you don't damage the rest of your nail. Buff the repaired area until you're pleased with the looks of it.

You can now coat your nails in base coat and follow with colour polish. Finish with top coat and no one will ever know you had a chipped nail!
Just be aware that some kinds of glue are soluble in polish remover, so be careful when removing polish and be prepared to do the repairing again if needed.


5 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Blogger william wilstroth said...

Hi girls,

I have been reading your blog a few days. I find it very interesting and informative.

I would like to link your blog to mine ISTL

Thank you.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is an amazing idea! Please add more details as soon as possible. Fantastic site!

Thanks
cheap company logos

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your blog interesting too. Can I add your blog to my feed via RSS. But I also wonder whether yr blog support that???

Thank you.

 
At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your blog interesting too. Can I add your blog to my feed via RSS. But I also wonder whether yr blog support that???

Thank you.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i really like your blog, may i link it from my site? u can check it out at www.blogrenee.com , if its ok with u just give me ur permission and i'll add it to my blog thanks!!
love renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home