Beauty and Sexy tips

A girl, livin' large, shares her 'wisdom' with the rest of the world. In short: having fun and trying out something new...

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Straighten your hair!

Sexy sleek hair

One of this season’s biggest hit is sleek straight hair, with a parting in the middle. This is not as easy to achieve, even if you have straight hair already, but don’t worry, we’re here to help you.

First, let us inform you that no matter how much percussion you take, excessive heat from blow dryers and hair irons is damaging for hair. So don’t straighten your hair too often, reserve that hairstyle for special occasions, or on a day you just need to look gorgeous.

One of the most important things to remember is: if you want your hair to look great, you have to take care of it, so for any trouble (such as dandruff, split ends, no gloss) refer to our Hair department for great and thorough hair how-tos.

Once that is taken care of, listen carefully; here goes the perfect sleek, straight hair routine:

If you have really curly hair, try using some straightening and de-frizzing product first (try Rediken straightening balm, it’s great). Blow your hair dry. Thoroughly. Do this by first gently detangling it with a comb and then blow-drying it for a couple of seconds. Then take your brush, preferably with natural bristles and dry your hair part by part, straightening it as much as you can, gently pulling each tress with the brush.

Once done, apply a product to protect your hair from excessive heat (I’m just nuts about Philosophy The Big Blow Off, it’s proven to be a best friend for girls who can’t live without perfect hairdo). Pin up your hair and leave only a small portion of hair at the back of your head loose.

Prepare your hair iron, and preferably use the one with ionic or ceramic plates. The ones that make steam while straightening are also great, because they lock the moisture in your hair.

Start ironing even smaller portions, this will help your hairdo to last longer. Be patient, work your way up your head, finishing up front. Pass each section two or three times, and apply even pressure.

Voila! Your hair is as sleek as a goddess’! Spray with some hair spray for hold and go out to show your great new hair off.


3 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually hair straighteners don't work on my hair, no matter what products I use. I have resorted to going to my stylist and getting my hair permed straight about every 6 months. I use a gentle perm, not a straightening product. Amazingly, after I have this done, it is much shinier and easier to manage. I am a stylist myself, so have had access to a number of products, but this is what works best for me.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Ivy said...

Thnx for the info. I never had such problems with my hair, it's mostly managable, but the thing I hate is the humidity frizz. So, you can imagine how desperate I am for the warm (and dry) weather to finally arrive!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Lebatron said...

Since you mentioned makeup, I just wanted to point something out. To the ladies: applying excessive makeup is one of the most distasteful, unattractive things a woman can do. I've written an article on this in my blog. Check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home