Beauty and Sexy tips

A girl, livin' large, shares her 'wisdom' with the rest of the world. In short: having fun and trying out something new...

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Being vain


What about wearing makeup? Some wouldn't be caught dead without going out of the house without makeup. Is that being vain or is it a self esteem issue?

Make-up is not something I wear very often. But I do when I go out of the house. Usually just a touch of colour, very natural, hiding some of disadvantages. Earlier I used to wear rather heavy make-up, a lot of mascara, blue eye-shadows, and powder, with no good reason whatsoever, and I felt constrained. Not only did I constantly have to check and repair my make up, but it became my face.

Then, I grew tired, my skin as well, and decided to try using creams, lotions, scrubs and nurture goodies. At first, I couldn’t cope with emptiness on my face, but today, I honestly believe that good moisturizer goes a long way. And, in the end, make up looks hell better on healthy skin.

Don’t get me wrong, I still want to change a lot of things on me. I too wear braces, do athletics to gain muscles, die my hair, go to the solarium and regularly get nail implants. But the simple truth is that sometimes I just need a bit of blush to look and feel great, and sometimes a whole hour of doing make-up doesn’t suffice.

But no amount of surgery or makeup can make you beautiful or give you worth unless you work on the inside first. Bigger boobs, a flatter stomach, or even a ton of makeup can't give you self-esteem alone.

When you’re feeling down, don’t overdue on make-up. Remember: Wash your face twice a day. Tone. Moisturize. Use sunscreen in the daylight hours. Repeat. That's a start.

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good tips!

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, you must be a GIRL!
Give us (men) some sex tips.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

thanks for your comments folks! Keep'em comming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home